- Structural: Assessing the organization and content of the document for flow and clarity
- Stylistic: Line by line editing for clarity, jargon, and polished language
- Editing for mechanics of style (e.g., grammar, usage, spelling, punctuation, etc.)
- Formatting based on publication requirements (e.g., APA)
Why Choose Out of the Woods?
- Experienced in reviewing and editing publications, book chapters, ethics applications, funding proposals, and theses
- Critical and ethical expertise
- Knowledgeable of the American Psychological Associations (APA) formatting requirements
- I know time is a factor in the reviewing process, all reviews will be conducted in a timely manner. All quotes will include an anticipated completion date. Shorter turn around times can be negotiated.
- Quotes will be based on the follow guidelines, based on the difficulty of the text:
- Editing: 1 to 3 pages/hour
- Copy editing: 2 to 7 pages/hour
Please see my CV for a review of my research experience, including reviewing and editing of documents for faculty members.
- PhD Candidate in Education (In progress; University of Ottawa)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Doctoral Fellowship Award
- Masters in Education (2015; Brock University)
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council Canadian Graduate Scholarship
- Graduate Student Member of the Research Ethics Board
- BA with highest honours in Psychology (2012; Carleton University)
- Student Affiliate of Editors Association of Canada
Services are for reviewing and editing only